Tuesday 29 November 2011

Weaning Diaries: Poached Fish in Milk

This recipe does not use Indian spices at all, however I wanted my son to try fish for the first time today. So why poach it in milk? The problem with fish is that it can be very bitty in the mouth and a 7 month old needs the consistency to be creamy and easy to swallow. Hence, the use of milk.
I would recommend using white fish else salmon would be lovely too. I have come up with this recipe and will feed it to him at lunch time today. It smells beautiful, and now I wish I had made this for the rest of the family!

I used:

6 tablespoons full fat milk
knob of butter
1 small crushed garlic clove
small piece of white fish, seasoned with black pepper
handful of washed and chopped spinach

1. In a small saucepan, add the milk and once it starts to bubble, add the garlic.
2. Next, add the fish with a knob of butter on top.
3. Then add the chopped spinach.
4. Put the cover on add the flame on low, allow to gently simmer till the fish has cooked through (around 6 mins)
5. Blend and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment