Monday 5 August 2013

Summer Highlights


So this Wednesday will be the last 'Spices for my Sweets' workshop for the summer. Its been such a fantastic last few months. The last set of workshops in particular was a real highlight for me. Not to say other classes haven't been as good, its just that the whole reason why I wanted to do these classes was finally achieved. After the block of 5 classes,  mothers confessed that the class had profoundly changed them- that they were more able, more confident and empowered to take charge of their family meals. They had moved from being nervous and shaky in the kitchen to planning menus and practising in the kitchen. Some moms emailed me pictures of the food they produced and their children eating it as well!
For me this was the heart of the matter for me- to touch one mother like that was more than enough! The five workshops had become a journey for many, and at the last class some were sad to say bye and even exchanged phone numbers. I hope the classes continue to give mothers this sense of achievement!

Some new movements have taken place, I did two home workshops with a couple of lovely mommies and their cheeky 6 months olds. Their diets were strictly vegetarian and over two classes, they learnt how to make 8 baby meals. Not only did the moms learn recipes, they also learnt many cooking tips and how to manage the business of cooking fresh food every day for their wee ones. A great experience for me, and I am happy to offer this service to other moms in their homes.

I will be taking a break now for some travel time, and will resume classes in October. Spices for my Sweets will as usual be on a Wednesday at 10 am at my home in North London, the first class will start 2nd October. The mothers only class, A Taste of Something Spicy will begin in October as well, this time on a Monday evening at 830 starting on the 7th. Once again you can email me on spicesformysweets@gmail.com.

Some new ventures will commence in the Autumn, including offering educational talks and cooking demonstrations and offering weaning classes in collaboration with other groups. Watch this space!

I wish everyone a wonderful summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment