Sunday 18 December 2011

X'mas Treats anyone?

Xmas is less than a week away, however it has been going on for 3 weeks. And what I mean by this is that the decorated shop windows, the mini Xmas trees with twinkly lights, the carol singing, the Xmas drinks and as far as my toddler is concerned the three c's: cookies, chocolates and candy. Its the time when friends and family want to indulge her! We have been to many Xmas parties and all of them have involved lots of sugary delights. As a mom, I have found it very difficult to manage this. Do I tell the adults to stop giving her these treats or confiscate them the minute her eyes light up with joy when she sees a golden wrapped chocolate reindeer? I've turned into the Grinch! Even her nursery gave a small bag of chocolate and jelly beans. I know its the holiday season but part of me thought why couldn't they make healthier sweets? Such as yoghurt covered cranberries or sesame brittle? Surely, they should know better?! Luckily, my little one doesn't turn into the duracel bunny after eating them but she does skip her dinner which does bother me.
Only 6 days till Xmas, so parents out there, I am going to just ride this one out. Allow some sweets, hide the rest and enjoy this year which has truly been a special one-the birth of my son which has completed our family. Xmas is truly about family....Merry Xmas everyone!

2 comments: