Tuesday 7 May 2013

BBQ babies


With the weather being this gorgeous, the kids and I have stopped many of our usual afternoon activities such as soft play, indoor swimming and even doing play dates at friends homes. Whats the point I say? We hardly get the sun in London, so why not go outside and play? And this weekend, we had our first BBQ of the year and it was fantastic. The paddle pool was spent with the children submerged in it all day and taking their breaks of corn on the cob and ice cream while drying off on the grass. For me, it was the perfect day! (of course the tidying up afterwards was a definite downer, but then when is tidying up ever fun?)

Food wise, I came up with some different ideas for the children and this was super fun for them to eat. Now I know with all the fun in the garden, it is hard for any toddler to sit still and eat. So the trick is to make several things for them to munch through the day. We had mini hamburgers with beef, garlic and rosemary, potato salad using full fat greek yoghurt, corn on the cob boiled and then roasted for that charred flavour and fruit kebabs with melon, strawberry and grapes. The grazing went on all afternoon and by dinner time they were famished! 5 hours of the sun and paddle pool really worked up an appetite.

Today the weather has promised us another sun filled day and I will be yet again in the garden with my kids. I wait all year for days like this, and life just couldn't get better! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment