Tuesday 18 June 2013

Mediterranean Vegetables and Pesto Tart


Today has been a super chaotic day. My cleaner cancelled on me last minute! Arrgh! I really didn't need this what with the dishes piled in the sink from last night, sheets needed changing and the usual hoovering, mopping and dusting that had to take place. I was really missing my 'the cleaner has come and sorted my inner and outer chaos and now I feel at peace for maybe 2 hours' feeling. It really feels like a session of therapy once she has left my house shiny and new. So on top of cleaning the house in shifts- shift one was before the morning activity, shift two after my son's nap, shift three after the afternoon activity and shift four is still due, after the kids have gone to sleep. Where was the time to cook dinner? The kids and I had gone for an afternoon activity where they made scones. It was so lovely to see them in their aprons and hats and flour all over their faces! My kids just love cooking! This is what it's all about, having fun and getting stuck in there! Having been inspired by that experience, I decided the kids and I would make dinner together. I came up with something healthy, quick and where the kids could get involved. So we made a roasted vegetable tart with a pesto base baked with parmesan cheese. Accompanying this was a bowlful of rocket salad, some olives and anchovies.

So for a family of 4 and there will be some left overs for lunch tomorrow!

1 shortcrust pastry pack
1/2 a jar of green pesto sauce
thinly sliced vegetables:
aubergine
courgette
yellow peppers
cherry tomatoes
mushrooms
grated parmesan cheese
oregano
olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Roll out your pastry and then trans

fer to a greased/floured baking tray
2. Turn the oven to 200c
3. Spread the pesto all over the pastry sheet
4. Now add the sliced vegetables
5. Top with parmesan, oregano and salt and pepper
6. Sprinkle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until crispy and golden

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment