Monday 10 June 2013

A Week of Appreciation

This week was a week of new beginnings for me. It started off with glorious sunshine which seriously improves my state of mind! Lots of fresh air, trips to the parks and eating ice cream was welcomed by both the children and I.

Spices for my Sweets started June workshops and it was special as all the moms and babies were brand new. Some moms had their wee ones, barely 6 months old and were keen to learn about purees and including spices in their meals. Another mom was pregnant with her second baby and due in a few months. She was interested in learning new recipes. Then there was another mom who wanted to move her little one from puree foods to chunkier textures. Everyone who came had something unique that they wanted to gain from the workshops and I hope that in the next 5 weeks they will not be disappointed.

I demonstrated red masoor lentils with steamed courgette and a pinch of turmeric for the 6 month old babies and a butternut squash with sage risotto for the 9 month olds.

On Friday night, after dropping my children off to my mother's, my hubby and I attended the Kensington Mums Exhibition in Chelsea. It was a fantastic evening lead by Dina tributing to mothers. There were photos of mothers holding small chalkboards with words on it to sum up what we felt about motherhood. We had to complete the sentence " I am a mother and a ..." I chose the word 'fulfilled' and I truly mean it! Though there are days where I want to pull my hair out, overall life doesn't have as much meaning or depth till you have children.




Then we watched a video of all the one minute clips of 40 mothers put together. Each mom spoke of the joys, sorrows and transformation motherhood has had on them.



I met so many wonderful moms- moms who are now artists, bloggers, working and studying but all as a result of having their little ones. I left the evening with a goody bag and a cupcake, which I saved for the kids.

The week rounded off with feeling immensely appreciated by my moms in the class, from my hubby and from my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment