Monday 28 January 2013

Cooking overload!


This week I've been cooking non stop. This was on top of the weaning classes that took place on Wednesday where six mommies and their cuties joined us to learn dal and courgette puree for 6 month old babies and butternut squash with garlic and sage risotto suitable for 9 month olds. Both used spices and both made under 45 minutes. Delicious and quick! Over half the mommies had a second older child, so the risotto recipe went down a treat for one mommy in particular who texted me later that evening that her 3 year old son (who has become particularly fussy lately) gobbled up his dinner. I was so thrilled to hear this! As I'm sure she was too that her little boy had eaten!

At A Taste of Something Spicy it was a more grown up affair. We made aromatic lamb chops with spices such as fennel, black peppercorns, cumin and coriander seeds. To accompany the meat, we made carrot with garlic, mustard seeds and dry Kashmiri  chillies, and Bombay potato. One of the moms only ate kosher meat, so I was happy to buy and cook her meat separately. I tailor all my recipes so that everyone can taste the food.

And our home cooking this week was lasagne, fish curry, noodles with tofu and mushroom, miso salmon, chicken curry and potatoes with mustard seeds, lamb curry and lentils.

Sunday we stepped out to this fantastic restaurant in Angel called Naamyaa, Alan Yau's sister restaurant to Busaba. Again Thai food, inspired by Bangkok street food. My daughter who is 3 ate with us. The food was fairly pungent and fiery but we ordered some non chilli delights for her. She had the garlic chicken wings and spring roll to start with and the Hainese poached chicken with steamed rice and cucumber. And a pomegranate and cherry cream soda drink which was delicious! For dessert the caramel ice cream on spicy pineapple with crumble. The staff were super friendly, it was very spacious (perfect for my little man!) and many high chairs in sight. We had such a relaxed lunch and I just enjoyed being fed for a change! I can't wait to go back!



No comments:

Post a Comment