Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Beginnings...

As I write the first entry for this year, I am left reflecting on last year's accomplishments. It seems ever since having my first child, its been one thing after the other. And last year was no different for us. After a family visit to India in February, we started house hunting for a bigger place. Now with two children and a roomful of toys we had to make the move. 2012 was all about the new home. At the same time it was also about leaving the old home behind and since the entire process took 7 months, as a family we had time to process 'letting go' of our first family home together. This was our first my home together, and baby 1 and baby 2 came home to this house. So it had numerous memories for us, both as a newly married couple but as parents. And I'm glad its taken time to arrive to this place, as I believe its given us time to detach and move forward to the next chapter.

Though everything has revolved around the move, I am also happy to announce that in the midst of the chaos, I started weaning classes Spices for my Sweets; a place for moms and babies to learn about the various recipes I've been posting on my blog and to get familiar with spices and flavours. We have cooked mushroom pilaf, butternut squash puree with cumin, spicy spinach and potato, beef stew, tofu with figs and so on. It has been successful and I hope to run one more morning class. Currently classes run on Wednesdays at 10 am at my home.

A Taste of Something Spicy started as well, this time an evening class for parents only who want to learn how to cook Indian food. Its a relaxed evening of cooking, eating and enjoying a glass of wine. Classes are at 830 pm again from my home on Thursday evenings.

I am aware that I have been communicating alot more on my facebook group 'Spices for my Sweets'. Now that I am settled into my home, I hope to write more. 2012 has been a fantastic year for me, I have had to face many challenges juggling both my kids and trying to make some space for something other than my children. The satisfaction of the classes is wonderful and happy mommy= happy kids!

2013 will be more cooking, eating and writing...bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment