Friday 11 January 2013

What a week!


As I write this post, I am reflecting on how privileged I feel it is to be a mom. Its been a busy week of new classes- drama and dance, and my eldest starting back at nursery after the X'mas break. I was in awe of my children, watching my daughter dancing to the beats in dance class and my son who tagged along and joined in on the fun. I was filled with so much love and happiness seeing them enjoying themselves. My son with his infectious laugh filled the room when Madagascar's 'I like to move it move it' came on. And my daughter couldn't stop dancing and holding her brother with excitement. Gosh, its these moments that I feel so happy to be a full time mom. Not to say that I don't have days when I want to tear my hair out but I guess this is the reason I had children. I always thought that parenting was giving on the mom's part, but how wrong was I! My children have changed me, and every day I feel honoured and privileged to have such loving children.

Then my eldest started nursery again on Tuesday and she came home with a tummy ache. I was worried it might be appendicitis but thank god it wasn't! After throwing up she felt heaps better and decided to have a late lunch of plain rice, yoghurt and some potato with mustard seeds and ginger.

The recipe for this is really simple, and takes no time at all:

1-2 large potatoes
1 heaped teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon grated ginger
5 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder

1. Peel and chop the potatoes into bite size cubes.
2. In a pan, add a tablespoon of oil and when hot add the mustard seeds. Once they pop add the ginger and curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
3. Add the potato and the turmeric powder
4. Stir till fully coated in the spices and add a cup of water. Simmer till potatoes are cooked. You may need to add more water.
5. Add salt and serve

Besides enjoying moments with my kids, I also had a recipe published in the online mag Asian Parenting. Its been wonderful to be recognised. All this has come about because of my children-a big cuddle and kiss to my angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment